Friday, March 18, 2011

You Know What I Hate? 1

I need an outlet for all my pent up anger about the crap I deal with on a daily basis. So this is going to be it. I'm going to blog about what I hate and why.

So part one Automated Phone Services and Companies With Poor Customer Service

Everyone hates these right? Well let me tell you a story, one you've probably all heard before. I ordered a product through a company who shall remain unnamed and they messed up my order. I ordered a program for Windows and instead of sending me an order confirmation they send me an email telling me my order was processed. So I don't find out until they send me a shipping receipt that my package is already on it's way and it's the Mac version of the program.

Okay first off maybe I'm old but remember the days when programs came packaged together for both systems? Did the option of two disks labeled Mac and Windows or a check box promoting you to tell the computer which OS you have confuse the user base so much they had to do away with this simple convenience? So now we have this problem where the non-morons order a program, the dealer screws up the order and you end up with something you can't use.

So how does the dealer respond to this error, which is clearly their fault? Before I move on I state it's clearly their fault because even if I didn't triple check before purchasing, which I do now for this exact reason, had they sent me an email confirmation with the product listed in it I would know the error existed before they sent out my package. I know horrible run on sentence but I'm ranting just go with it.

So they tell me this "Refuse the package." What? Refuse the package? I don't know about you all but 90% of the time a package comes I'm not home and they leave it sitting on my doorstep anyways. So that option is out of the question. I tell them that and they get snippy, "Well I guess you can return it." You guess? Wow I was unaware that simple returns were so alien to a company that deals online. You don't want an item refuse the package! Hell why not. I mean that doesn't sound totally shadey, or completely cheap on their part. I wouldn't even know how to go about doing such a thing. "No Mr. UPS guy I will not take your package, I refuse! Send it back." They'd look at me like I'm crazy, and an asshole. Now I have to pay return shipping which is complete BS. On top of that I have to wait until they receive the return package before they send me the right version. So I have around 3 weeks of waiting minimum before I get my program.

If that's not enough I ask them if I need to call again or if they will know to send me the Windows copy. I mean will they make a note in the system, do I have to tell them, are they psychic? Another snippy response "You can call and check in if you feel you need to." Well yeah I need to. Your warehouse can't even tell the difference between the words WINDOWS and MAC let alone me trusting some jerk in the customer service department will properly document my inquiry. That rides on a little too much faith given their current track record with me. I had previously ordered from them before, paid extra for 2 day shipping and they screwed me and took a week to send it anyways. Apparently paying 20 extra bucks to get something sent to you doesn't mean it's time sensitive or important you get it sooner rather then later. Their response that time was I still got it earlier then I would have had I picked normal shipping. Well lucky me. Maybe next time label the option "Slightly faster shipping, maybe." or hell maybe "Gamble, you might get it faster."

Anyways I had to jump through hoops to get a refund on my shipping. You might ask why I use them at all but when you're paying somewhere around $1,100 less then market value for software you deal with crap. And before you ask no it's not black market.

Well that's it for today. I had another incident but that ones apart of something really big. I'll save that for a rainy day, oh wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment