Thursday, July 23, 2009

Accusation

You know I find it interesting when someone has to go out of their way to call me out on my own personal quirks. My best friend and I have an odd bond where we unintentionally look at one another and speak without saying a word. We do it all the time and unless someone points it out we are often unaware of it. I know it sounds weird because how do you forget looking at someone but it's the faces we apparently make while we are doing it.

Anyways the point of this is a teacher decided to talk to us about it. We were sitting in class minding our own business and she asked Daniel what his last name was. He told her and she said she got him checked off on the attendance. So he replied with "Excellent". This apparently set her off and she responded with "I need to see the two of you after class".

Before I go any further I need to describe this person to you. She's one of those weird hippie people who humps trees and likes to sleep on rocks. She listens to music that sounds like it was made by a guy on acid. She also apparently follows every religion ever. She's very strange and has all these weird stories about weird people she's met and spiritual journeys she's gone on. She also told us she gets up at 4:20 every morning...very random time.

So she pulls us aside and says "I'm getting negative vibes from you both. I feel there's disrespect between us." So we asked what it was we were doing. She says "You know what your doing." Actually no I don't and if you can't tell me what it is I'm doing you obviously don't know yourself, idiot. So in the end we squeezed out of her what her issue was.

During both classes we've had with her we watched this horrible movie called Baraka. It's just some music with footage badly edited to it. I fail to see the relevance of it. Anyways there's a part where these guys are doing this Balinese Monkey Chant. It's fucking hilarious. So Daniel and myself start laughing, this is apparently disrespectful. Then at the end of the video there's a guy yelling with no audio and he has this intense look on his face like he's shitting his pants. We also found this to be hilarious, this was also apparently disrespectful. Lastly she engages in this ritual with a Bald Eagle feather. This is where we lost it. She starts running around the room in a circle waving the feather around, it looked like she was trying to fly. Then she gets on her knees in front of every student and starts waving the feather at them with this intense look on her face. Daniel was first so of course he laughed, he was caught off guard. I kept a straight face but I was almost last so I had time to prepare.

So she tells us we have to respect every culture out there and laughing isn't okay. I find this funny because she told us she has the Eagle feather illegally. She took seven of them from some forest she went to and brought them back here. It's not legal to own these but she doesn't care because it's man's law. So it's okay to disrespect man's law but it's not okay to laugh at the Balinese Monkey Chant. That's ass backwards logic. She also can't expect everyone to feel as passionate about this crap as she does.

For reference this is the Balinese Monkey Chant. Pay attention tot he bald old guy he's the one that set us off. Especially towards the end.


And here's the face guy I mentioned. It starts at 1:35. The music was removed because of copyright issues but even without the music it's pretty much the same idea.


As for the looks Daniel and myself tend to just look at each other whenever someone says something retarded and then we laugh. We have some morons in that class. There's one guy who yells everything he says like he turrets or something. He also went off on a tangent about Micheal Jackson in the middle of class.

So yeah that's my rant for today. Don't even get me started on my Creative Writing teacher.

2 comments: