Monday, June 8, 2009

Transcending

The new computer is up and running. It's pretty fast. It took awhile to get used to Vista, it's probably the worst OS of all time. Transferring and installing new files was difficult but after I did it all and got it working it started to kick ass. I was able run After Effects, Premiere, and Photoshop all at the same time with enough RAM left over to run Firefox and Windows media player with no slow down what so ever. So I haven't maxed it out yet.

All those adobe programs can use 4 GIGs of RAM, except Photoshop I have CS3 which I believe can only handle 2. After Effects can render a complex 30 second comp in a minute or less, my old computer couldn't. I can also play most effects in real time or close to it. I couldn't do that before either. It's pretty slick.

I installed a DVD burner drive in it as well. The tool-less system is genius. It was pretty easy to install once I figure it out.

All in all I'm happy. I guess ask me how I feel about it after I've spent more time with it but for the time being I couldn't be more satisfied.

More updates will come soon. I spent all day yesterday working on this computer and all this morning finishing off my intro for Motion Graphics. Can't wait to show you all, it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment